Monday, June 02, 2008

Recently Read...

I have been on quite a reading streak the last month. It all began with not one, but two friends, who were absolutely shocked I had not ever read a book by Karen Marie Moning. After reading a review of a couple, I went to my libraries website and ordered as many as I could lay my hands on.
Beyond the Highland Mist (The Highlander Series, Book 1)Kiss of the Highlander (The Highlander Series, Book 4)The Immortal Highlander (The Highlander Series, Book 6) and every other one of her Highlander's I could lay my fingers on. I love the mix of time travel and fae. The books have me longing for my own Highlander. I also read the first of her new books Darkfever (Fever Series, Book 1) and while I will likely read the rest of them, I was a bit disappointed that there really was no conclusion with the end of book one.
Another recent read, and very happy find, is a young adult book by Melissa Marr... Wicked Lovely Incredible writing. This woman knows how to world build. I was completely pulled in from the first page. These are not your pretty fairies of girl scout days. Fair warning. But if you like things a bit darker, this book will keep you spellbound to the last page, and leave you hungry for more.


No comments: